Tuesday 3 January 2017

Just one goal

Why do new year's resolutions fail?  Probably because we're drunk when we make them, but more likely because they're unachievable or unrealistic.

How many were there?  What were the consequences?

My goal for you - set one goal.  Keep it simple.

Let's think about food (my strength and weakness depending on the day).  Break a bad habit for me.  I'll join you.  My habit?  Chocolate.  The really yummy part of life!!  No chocolate until the end of January.

Is it realistic?  My brain says yes, my gut says no (but, we will see who's in charge, won't we).  Is it achievable?  Totally.   What are the consequences?  All good.  I'll sleep better, won't feel guilty and most likely, my clothes will fit better.  Let's just think about January.

What's your food goal?

If you want to know more about goal setting, you can structure your resolutions using the S.M.A.R.T. goal setting model.  This model works in the corporate world, as well as your own world.

#wellnowbrowncow


No comments:

Post a Comment