Monday 23 January 2017

More on mobility #bedeskfit


It dawned on me over the Christmas break that the ultimate fitness goal any of us should be striving for is mobility.  What's that mean?  When you're 32 and can move around freely, down to the ground, up off the ground, into our desk chair, out of the car etc it all seems fine.  But have you sat back to think what all this desk work could be doing to our bodies?  Have you watched a 60+ person getting up off the ground after playing with kids?  It's hard work.  And it can be prevented.  I'm coining a phrase (well, I think I am) #bedeskfit.  What does it mean?  As it says, keep yourself active both in the office and out, to ensure your longevity in our office and at home.

Ideas? What about #standup #shoesoffmeeting?  Walking meetings are a great idea, but in my team, we need to refer to material on a computer, so not that practical.  What do other people do that's inventive?

My next few blogs will look at desk stretches, the amount of breaks you should have and exercises that are appropriate to do in the office. 

#wellnowbrowncow

No comments:

Post a Comment